Below is the link to watch the meeting via Facebook livestream.
Click here: https://link.edgepilot.com/s/3d8bab12/HHDzJJGK8kyIzHRWEltn0A?u=https://www.facebook.com/events/528881978217804/?ref=newsfeed
CITY OF BARTOW
CITY COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2021 AT 6:00 P.M. (EST)
OR AS SOON THEREAFTER AS POSSIBLE
CITY HALL COMMISSION CHAMBERS, 450 NORTH WILSON AVE., BARTOW, FL 33830
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. INVOCATION – Pastor Shirley Williams-Hayes, St. James AME Church
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
4. PROCLAMATIONS AND SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS (refer to consent agenda)
a. Bartow Transit Services update presented by representatives of Citrus Connection.
5. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters not appearing on this agenda.
6. CITY ANNOUNCEMENTS
7. REPORTS OF CHARTER OFFICERS
a. City Manager Communications
b. City Attorney Communications
8. AGENDA MODIFICATION/APPROVAL
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS – At this time, the Commission will receive comments from the public regarding matters that appear on this agenda, not otherwise scheduled for a separate Public Hearing.
10. HEARINGS – FIRST AND SECOND READINGS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. Public hearing and final reading of Ordinance No. 2021-12 – AN ORDINANCE DELETING ARTICLE V, CHAPTER 18 OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF BARTOW RELATING TO FLOOD DAMAGE PREVENTION; PROVIDING FOR SCRIVENER’S ERROR; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE UPON FINAL PASSAGE. Public hearing required.
b. Public hearing and first reading of Ordinance No. 2021-13 – AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN OF THE CITY OF BARTOW; SAID
AMENDMENT BEING KNOWN AT CPA-21-04-TEXT; SPECIFICALLY TO ADD A PROPERTY RIGHTS ELEMENT AS REQUIRED BY GENERAL LAW; TRANSMITTING SAID AMENDMENT TO THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY (DEO) FOR A FINDING OF COMPLIANCE; REPEALING CONFLICTING ORDINANCES; PROVIDING FOR SCRIVENER’S ERROR; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE UPON FINAL PASSAGE. Public hearing required.
c. Public Hearing and adoption of Resolution No. 21-4083-R – Fire Protection Assessment and Approval of Assessment Roll – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA, RELATING TO THE PROVISION OF FIRE PROTECTION SERVICES, FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS IN THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA; COMPRISING THE ANNUAL RESOLUTION TO REIMPOSE FIRE PROTECTION ASSESSMENTS AGAINST ASSESSED PROPERTY LOCATED WITHIN THE CITY OF BARTOW FOR THE FISCAL YEAR BEGINNING OCTOBER 1, 2021; APPROVING THE RATES OF ASSESSMENT; APPROVING THE ASSESSMENT ROLL; CONFIRMING AND AMENDING THE PRELIMINARY RATE RESOLUTION; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Public hearing required.
d. Public hearing and adoption of Resolution No. 21-4084-R – Stormwater Assessment and Approval of Assessment Roll – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA, RELATING TO THE PROVISION OF STORMWATER MANAGEMENT SERVICES, FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS IN THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA; COMPRISING THE ANNUAL RESOLUTION TO REIMPOSE STORMWATER IMPROVEMENT AND SERVICE ASSESSMENTS AGAINST ASSESSED PROPERTY LOCATED WITHIN THE CITY OF BARTOW FOR THE FISCAL YEAR BEGINNING OCTOBER 1, 2021; APPROVING THE RATES OF ASSESSMENT; APPROVING THE ASSESSMENT ROLL; CONFIRMING AND AMENDING THE PRELIMINARY RATE RESOLUTION; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Public hearing required.
e. Public hearing and adoption of Resolution No. 21-4085-R – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA, RELATING NON-AD VALOREM ASSESSMENTS; APPROVING AND ADOPTING A NON-AD VALOREM ASSESSMENT ROLL FOR COSTS AND FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEMOLITION OF UNSAFE OR OTHERWISE OFFENDING STRUCTURES AND FOR REMOVAL OF WEEDS, NOXIOUS GROWTH, RUBBISH ACCUMULATIONS, AND OTHER INSANITARY MATERIAL IN THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA; SPECIFYING THE AMOUNT OF THE ASSESSMENTS; PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Public hearing required.f. PUBLIC HEARING, ADOPTION OF TENTATIVE MILLAGE RATE AND TENTATIVE BUDGET
1. Convene Public Hearing
2. Introduction – City Manager
3. Discussion and Comment
a. Proposed Tentative Millage Rate
b. Proposed Tentative Budget
4. Amendment(s) of Proposed Tentative Budget (if any)
5. Re-computation of Proposed Tentative Millage Rate (if any)
6. Adoption of Tentative Millage Rate – Resolution No. 21-4086-R – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA, ADOPTING A TENTATIVE GENERAL MILLAGE RATE FOR THE 2021 TAX YEAR, DECLARING THE PERCENT BY WHICH SAID MILLAGE RATE EXCEEDS THE ROLLED-BACK RATE; CHARACTERIZING SAID PERCENT AS THE PERCENTAGE INCREASE IN PROPERTY TAXES; PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
7. Statutory Millage Disclosure (Sec. 200.065(2)(c) F.S.)
8. Adoption of Tentative Budget – Resolution No. 21-4087-R – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF BARTOW, FLORIDA, ADOPTING A TENTATIVE BUDGET FOR THE 2022 FISCAL YEAR; PROVIDING THAT A COPY OF SAID BUDGET SHALL BE FILED IN THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF FINANCE; PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
9. Announce date and time to adopt Final Millage Rate and Final Budget.
10. Adjourn Public Hearing.
11. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Approval of August 16, 2021 City Commission Regular Meeting minutes.
b. Approval of July 8, 2021 City Commission Special Meeting minutes. (WRF & WWTP)
c. Approval of August 5, 2021 Joint City Commission and CRA Strategic Planning Work Session.
d. Issuance of proclamation recognizing September 21, 2021 at National IT Professionals Day.
e. Issuance of proclamation recognizing September 2021 as Multicultural Awareness Month.
f. Issuance of proclamation recognizing September 17-23, 2021 as Constitution Week.
g. Issuance of proclamation recognizing September 14, 2021 as Star Spangled Banner Day.
h. Issuance of proclamation recognizing September 13-20, 2021 as National Disability Voter Registration Week.
i. Approval to appoint H. Marvin Pittman to the Municipal Police Officers’ Retirement Trust Fund Board of Trustees to fill an unexpired term ending December 2023. Recommendation being made by Vice Mayor Githens.
j. Approval of City Commissioner absence(s) for August 16, 2021 excusal(s): None
12. OTHER COMMISSION BUSINESS
a. OLD BUSINESS
1. Consideration of interlocal agreement between Lakeland Area Mass Transit / Citrus Connection and the City of Bartow for Transit Bus Services.
b. NEW BUSINESS
1. Ranking procedure and appointment of new member(s) to the Community Redevelopment Agency for two unexpired four-year terms ending October 2023.
2. Review of evaluation forms for appointed officials.
a. Resolution No. 21-4088-R – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF BARTOW, FLORIDA RELATING TO THE AMERICAN RESUCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021; APPROVING THE CORONAVIRUS LOCAL FISCAL RECOVERY FUND AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE OF FLORIDA, DIVISION OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT; DESIGNATING THE MAYOR OF THE CITY OF BARTOW AS THE AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE AND SIGNATORY FOR PURPOSES OF THE AGREEMENT; AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO DELEGATE RESPONSIBILITY TO APPROPRIATE CITY STAFF, THROUGH THE CITY MANAGER, TO CARRY OUT TECHNICAL, FINANCIAL, AND ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE AGREEMENT; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICTS, SEVERABILITY AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
14. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
a. LEO E. LONGWORTH
b. WILLIAM “BILLY” SIMPSON
c. TANYA TUCKER
d. STEVE GITHENS
e. SCOTT SJOBLOM
Please be advised that if you desire to appeal from any decisions made because of the above hearing or meeting, you will need a record of the proceedings and in some cases a verbatim record is required. You must make your own arrangements to produce this record. (Florida Statute 286.0105). If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation to participate in this proceeding, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 450 N. Wilson Avenue, P.O. Box 1069, Bartow, Florida 33831-1069 or phone (863) 534-0100 within 2 working days of your receipt of this meeting notification; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call 1-800-955-8771. Posted at City Hall, Bartow Public Library, and the City’s website www.cityofbartow.net on September 2, 2021.