One Diversity Award will be given for an individual and one Diversity Award will be given for a business or organization in the fall of 2022 at the Community Relations Committee Diversity Luncheon. Deadline for submission of nominees is August 26, 2022.
Past winners include:
2019-2022 – no winners due to pandemic
Carver Young and Bartow Community Healthcare Foundation, Inc.
Gloria Washington and Eastside Positive Action Committee
Ken Riley and Bartow Police Department
Melony Bell and Church Service Center
J.J. Corbett & TiAnViCa Riding Academy
Joyce Thurman and Mosaic
George Long and Bartow Youth Football
Sharon Casey and Polk County Sheriff’s Office
Fred Murphy and Flanders Precisionnaire
Leo Longworth and Peterson’s Cleaners
Larry Madrid and Fred’s Southern Kitchen
C.C. Corbett (Posthumously) and Board of County Commissioners: Clerk of Courts
Diversity Award Criteria
- Nomination will be accepted for an individual and a business / organization, and one award presented for the current year ONLY for each category; they will not be carried forward to the next year. Award recipients are not eligible to receive the award for two subsequent years. One award will be presented for the current year in each category.
- Recipients will have demonstrated a commitment to diversity in the City of Bartow or in the surrounding communities through mentoring, outreach initiatives, or other activities that advance the goal of inclusion.
- Recipients will have demonstrated a thorough understanding of, appreciation for, and advocacy toward promoting diversity issues. By example, recipients instill in their peers these same values and inspire similar commitment to inclusion.
- Any citizen of the City of Bartow and its surrounding communities (City of Bartow service area) may recommend an individual and business / organization.
- Nominations must be submitted to the Community Relations Committee via a nomination form; extra nominations forms are available at the Greater Bartow Chamber of Commerce, the Bartow Civic Center, or the Carver Recreation Center.
- The committee will deliberate and make a selection one month prior to the Community Relations Committee’s Diversity Luncheon.
- The award will be presented during the Community Relations Committee’s Diversity Luncheon.
REGISTER TO SPONSOR OR GET TICKETS HERE