One Diversity Award will be given for an individual and one Diversity Award will be given for a business or organization in the fall of 2021 at the Community Relations Committee Diversity Luncheon. Deadline for submission of nominees is the last day of August, 2021. Click here for a list of past recipients.
Diversity Award Criteria
- Nomination will be accepted for an individual and a business / organization, and one award presented for the current year ONLY for each category; they will not be carried forward to the next year. Award recipients are not eligible to receive the award for two subsequent years. One award will be presented for the current year in each category.
- Recipients will have demonstrated a commitment to diversity in the City of Bartow or in the surrounding communities through mentoring, outreach initiatives, or other activities that advance the goal of inclusion.
- Recipients will have demonstrated a thorough understanding of, appreciation for, and advocacy toward promoting diversity issues. By example, recipients instill in their peers these same values and inspire similar commitment to inclusion.
- Any citizen of the City of Bartow and its surrounding communities (City of Bartow service area) may recommend an individual and business / organization.
- Nominations must be submitted to the Community Relations Committee via a nomination form; extra nominations forms are available at the Greater Bartow Chamber of Commerce, the Bartow Civic Center, or the Carver Recreation Center.
- The committee will deliberate and make a selection one month prior to the Community Relations Committee’s Diversity Luncheon.
- The award will be presented during the Community Relations Committee’s Diversity Luncheon.