Ends at Park Lane, near the Bartow Civic Center. The Carnival will take place in and around the Bartow Civic Center’s East Parking Lot.
2022 Bartow Community Parade Guidelines
There is a fee for entry into the 2022 Bartow Community Parade that must be paid when the application is submitted. The fees are $25 for individuals, groups, and businesses; and $50 for politicians and political groups; unless you meet one (1) of the below fee exemptions. PayPal is the application used to collect parade fees. You do not need a PayPal account to use the online system. All fees collected help to fund the Bartow Community Parade & Carnival.
Parade fees are only refundable with written notice by the parade entrant three (3) days prior to the event. Units that must leave the parade for any reason, including violation of the parade rules, will not receive a refund of their parade entry fee.
Parade Fee Exemption
The parade fee applies to all parade participants unless one (1) of the following conditions apply:
1. Your unit represents an organization that is non-profit
2. Your unit represents a city, county, or state government agency
3. Your unit represents a public school or a group affiliated with a public school
4. Your unit represents a church
Beginning at First/Second Street, West along Main Street to Broadway Avenue and South along Broadway Avenue to Clower (near the Bartow Civic Center).
1. Units line up on a first come basis within their assigned section. Please inform all
participants in your unit of the assigned section number. Your section number will be
assigned after your application is submitted and approved.
2. A map of the section placement will be provided once your section number is assigned.
3. All parade participants must be in line by 3:00 PM. After 3:00 PM, First Avenue and
Second Avenue will be one-way traffic northbound only. The parade begins promptly at
1. No tossing or throwing objects, such as candy or beads, from parade units. Items may be handed out by walkers who are 12 years of age or older. Penalty for anyone caught
breaking this rule is ejection from the parade. Those units seen throwing candy will not
be allowed to participate in the 2023 parade.
2. All units shall be appropriately decorated. Your entry should be family-friendly and G-rated. Those entries deemed inappropriate will not be allowed to participate.
3. Maximum height of a unit is 16 feet; to allow passage below power lines and traffic
4. No unit may pass another unit during the parade unless advised by a Parade Marshall. Keep a safe distance between each unit.
5. Units should keep moving along the parade route and not allow gaps to form. Units that hold back cause delays as well as allow general traffic to break into the parade which may cause dangerous situations. Units that cannot keep up with the flow of the parade may be asked to leave the parade route.
6. Only one vehicle per unit, unless prior approval received. This information should be
included in your parade application.
7. Bicycles shall not move alongside parade units, to prevent accidental injury.
8. Parade unit drivers must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver’s license.
9. Anyone operating a unit in an unsafe or careless manner will be told to leave the parade and will be held solely responsible for their actions.
10. Any person(s) causing a disturbance will be told to leave the parade and will be held solely responsible for their actions.
11. All participants must complete the entire parade route. Dropouts cause hazardous
12. The parade is rain or shine. In past years, the day of the parade had been hot and
humid. Take precautions to avoid heat related injuries, including proper hydration before, during and after the parade.
13. Bathrooms are not provided at the parade staging area.
Units are judged and awards are given in the following categories: Best Professional, Best Non-professional, Most Original, Best Decorated Car/Truck, Best School Unit, Best Church Unit, and Best Marching Unit. Winners will be announced and awards will be displayed next to the stage at the Bartow Civic Center during the carnival.
All units should be conspicuously identified, so Parade Judges know who you are and/or whom you represent.
Applications to participate in the parade are here.